Have you ever tried to know who is checking out your posts, photos, and information on Facebook? As Facebook users, we have always wondered if someone visited our profiles. Many social media platforms like LinkedIn let users know about their profile visitors. But Facebook was always against offering this feature to its users. Also, there are hardly any third-party apps that can accurately provide this functionality.
Several users are leaving the platform due to personal data leak allegations on the company. So, the company is in full crisis management mode. In its attempt to regain its popularity among users, Facebook introduces several exciting features. You might be eager to know if it has now provided you with a feature that can disclose your profile visitors.
Can you check who views your Facebook 2023?
According to Facebook’s official policy, it does not let people know about their profile visitors. However, Facebook granted this feature to iOS app users in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica Scandal for a limited period. That feature is no longer available, but we have covered that method of viewing stalkers in the further subheadings as there are possibilities that Facebook may roll this feature again in the future.
How to check who visited your Facebook Profile page?
There is no general way of finding out your Facebook profile visitors. The ways to know that depends upon certain things. For instance, it depends on whether you are an iOS user, an Android user, or use Facebook on a desktop. Below we have discussed the device-specific ways to help you learn about your profile visitors.
Check Who Visited My Facebook Profile on Mobile
Earlier, Facebook rolled out a feature to help iOS users know who viewed your recent posts or visited your profile in the past 30 days. The steps that one needs to follow in this case are given below.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap the three-lined icon to open the main drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy Shortcuts.
- Choose the Who viewed my profile option just below the Privacy Checkup feature.
Now, here you can see your profile visitors. This feature is buried deep in the privacy settings and is exclusive to iOS app users. However, this feature may no longer be available now. It may become available to all Facebook app users in the coming days.
Check Who Visited Your Facebook Profile on PC or Mac
You can know about your Facebook profile visitors with the help of your Facebook page’s source code. It doesn’t require downloading a third-party app or anything like that. You can try this method on any web browser in the following way.
- Head to Facebook.com on your web browser.
- Enter your Facebook credentials and log in.
- Go to your profile’s main page by clicking on your name in the top-right corner.
- Right-click anywhere on the page and select choose View Page Source from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + U on your keyboard.
- Press Ctrl + F on your keyboard and then type Buddy ID or InitialChatFriendsList in the text box that appears.
- Click and drag your mouse cursor across one of the profile ID numbers and press Ctrl + C on your keyboard to copy it.
- Click on the browser’s address bar and press the Ctrl + P keys to paste the copied number into it.
Make sure you have entered the URL in the following way:
You can repeat these last two steps with all the displayed ID numbers. This way, you see the profiles of all the people who may have visited your profile.
However, some people’s ID numbers may have appeared in this list only because you interact with them regularly. So, this method is inaccurate and doesn’t guarantee they have visited your page.
People concerned about their Facebook profile’s privacy often search for ways to reveal their profile stalkers. Well, the best you can do is secure your profile by using the appropriate privacy settings. In case of any queries regarding the who viewed facebook profle, feel free to comment below.