How about walking on the treadmill listening to your favourite music or spending leisure time cherishing your favourite songs? Now, the role of AirPods in our lives has extended to attending meetings and even binge-watching. For all this, it is equally essential to keep them charged. But you should also know when to charge them. It is possible only when you check the battery readings! So, if you are wondering how to check the AirPods battery without and with the case, we have you all covered.
With truly wireless functions, Hey Siri interactions and a superior-quality sound with a good battery backup make them the most desirable electronic buds.
Though AirPods allow you to use them even with non-iOS devices, it suffers a drawback. You cannot tap on the AirPods to get the battery readout. However, whether without or with the case, you can easily check the charging levels.
How to know AirPods Battery level with case on iPhone or iPad
When you have a charging case around you, you can easily check the battery levels of AirPods and even the charging case. So, whether you have an iPhone, iPad, Mac or Android, you can easily check the battery levels!
Well, if you have AirPods, there’s a 50% probability that you have an iOS device. This device can be anything right from iPhone and iPad to iPod Touch. You can check your AirPods battery using any of these iOS devices. However, you will need even your AirPods case for the same.
Follow the steps given below to check the AirPods battery level using iOS devices:
- Keep your AirPods in the charging case and close their lid.
- Bring the charging case containing AirPods near your iPhone, iPad, or iPad to pair them with it.
- Open Settings on your iOS device.
- Navigate to Bluetooth.
- On the top side of the screen, toggle on the Bluetooth button if it is off.
- A list of nearby Bluetooth devices will be displayed.
Tap on your AirPods among the devices, and when the Connected status appears, it will be connected to your iOS device.
- Now, open the charging case.
- The battery percentage level or charging will appear on your iOS display screen in seconds.
- The battery status will be both your AirPods and even its charging case.
Check AirPods Battery in MacBook or Mac
Well, Macintosh OS is also aptly suited to display your AirPods battery in it. So, you can check your AirPods and their case battery level on the MacBook.
Follow the steps given below to see AirPods battery level on Mac:
- Keep your AirPods in the Charging Case and close the lid.
- Navigate to Desktop.
- From the top-right corner of the display, choose the Bluetooth icon.
But if you cannot see Bluetooth, go to System Preferences and navigate to Bluetooth. Now, On the bottom of your display screen, click the Show Bluetooth checkbox to enable it on the Desktop.
- Now press on the Bluetooth logo.
- Find your AirPods in the list of devices displayed.
- Open the charging case of your AirPods, and the battery readout will appear on your Mac next to your AirPods in the list.
It will contain a battery readout for both left and right ones.
How to check Battery life of AirPods with Android
AirPods are the best wireless earbuds available out there. Besides, Android has an extended set of functionalities. So, you can be an Android user owning Apple AirPods. Though checking the battery using Android does not give many readings about buds, you can use them. This is because the AirPods charging case has a Status light that gives the charging status of its charging case. But, if you want to see the exact readings, we have a solution.
See your AirPods Battery percentage on Android
Follow the steps below to check the AirPods battery on Android using the charging case.
- Remove your AirPods from their charging case.
- Afterwards, open the lid and check in front of the charging case or inside for the Status Light.
Suppose you see Green color status light, then you need not bother as the charging case is 100% charged. However, if it shows Amber-color light, the charging case can recharge your AirPods only once.
Check AirPods Battery using third party App
You can even use a third-party app to check the AirPods battery with a charging case on Android and get the exact readings.
Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Download and install the AirBattery app from the Play Store.
- By the time, pair up the AirPods with your phone.
- You will be prompted to grant some permissions and do accordingly.
- Now select AirBattery from the list of Draw other apps.
- Toggle the Allow Display over other apps button.
- Now, go back twice.
- If you see Power Savings warnings, then do not pay heed.
- Under Select your devices, tap on your AirPods model.
- Launch the AirBattery.
- Open the AirPods charging case lid.
Now, the battery level of your AirPods and charging case will appear in a pop-up display.
How to check AirPods battery on iPhone or iPad without case?
There are plenty of methods to check the AirPods battery using the charging case. However, many of you would feel challenged if you do not have an AirPods charging case. In such a scenario, you can check the AirPods battery using your iOS device like iPhone or iPad.
- Activate Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad.
- Connect them with your AirPods.
- Long press at any blank space on the home screen.
- If the apps start displacing, you can edit your home screen, layout, and Widgets.
- Tap on the Plus icon at the display screen’s top-left corner.
- A drop-down list containing widgets would open.
- Tap on Batteries, and now you will be prompted to select the size of its widget.
- After selecting the desirable sizes widget, navigate to Add Widget.
- Choose where the widget should be seen and then select Done.
So, whenever you go to the Batteries widget, you see the battery readout of both of your buds. So, you can check the Battery readout even if they are paired with any other devices Bluetooth.
AirPods are one of the market’s most popular yet valuable wireless earbuds. Despite that, they need to be recharged timely, so you have to never compromise over sounds because of low charging. We appreciate your valuable feedback, so share it in the Comments section below!