You are in an important meeting and abruptly miss important instructions because your AirPods were not loud enough! Well, this is a situation that most of us avoid, but when you go through it, you miss out on certain essential things. So, if you are looking for how to make AirPods Louder, then you have come to the right place.
Why does my AirPods sound low even at max volume?
There are several reasons why you can’t hear when your AirPods volume is at maximum. Depending upon the causes, we have mentioned methods to fix the issue for you!
Clean your both AirPods for better sound
Over the time, dust and grime accumulate on your AirPods. It is essential to clean it up with time; else, it will affect the sound quality resulting in the low volume on AirPods issue. Even dirt collection in its speaker mesh can obstruct the sound and similar matters.
Follow the steps given below to clean your AirPods:
- Use a damp cotton cloth to clean your AirPods from outside.
- Now, use a lint-free cloth to dry your wireless earphones.
- Use a toothpick to clean the speaker mesh.
Further, ensure that the damp cloth does not touch any of the AirPods openings.
Disable volume limit on your iOS device
iPhone intends to keep your ears safe against loud noises. Therefore, it has volume limits. If you use AirPods with an iPhone and find its volume low, then you can try disabling the iPhone’s volume limits.
Follow the steps given below to disable your iPhone Volume Limits:
- Open iPhone Settings and navigate to Sounds and Haptics and click on it.
- Tap on Headphone Safety.
- Toggle off Reduce Loud Sounds, and a slider appears.
Now, you can drag the slider towards the right to your desired intensity. Apple has set volume limits. This is because loud sounds harm your ear, so you should not disable it.
Check both AirPods are at Equal Volume
Often when your AirPods are not loud at maximum volume, then both of them would have different volumes, and hence you are not getting loud sounds!
- Open Settings and navigate to Accessibility.
- Tap on Audio/Visual.
- Toggle on the Mono Audio button.
If that is not the case, the software would be outdated or have a bug!
Perform the AirPods or AirPods Pro Ear Tip Fit Test
Your AirPods Pro ear tips would lead to sound issues. Ear tips come in various sizes, small, medium, or large. You may buy a larger one for a better fit or so on. However, when the size is inappropriate, like if it’s large, the sound will leak from your ears. Also, less Active Noise Cancellation would further intensify the issue and lead to problems like low sound on AirPods. Even a tiny size AirPods would make it uncomfortable for you to wear. Therefore, it is an essential to check them.
- Wear AirPods in your ears.
- Head over to Settings and tap on Bluetooth.
- Check your AirPods Pro listed and click on the ‘I’ button to check the information.
- Now, select Ear Tip Fit Test.
- Click to Continue and press Play.
The Ear Tip test would run and you will see the results. You can buy a different tip size of the Ear Tips size is inappropriate.
Update your iOS and AirPods Firmware
AirPods rely on firmware for efficient functioning. Besides, it decides whether your AirPods function optimally or not. Therefore, even outdated firmware on your AirPods or iOS would lead to several AirPods issues.
Follow the steps given below to update your iOS firmware:
- Go to Settings and tap on General.
- Navigate to Software Update.
Now, wait till you see the latest version on your screen. Then, tap on it to update.
Moreover, you should also check if your AirPods firmware is updated or not.
- Open Settings and Navigate About.
- Select Your AirPods.
If your AirPods software is outdated, then you can update it. Ensure that you have an active Internet/WiFi connection.
Follow the steps given below to update AirPods firmware:
- Keep your AirPods in the charging case.
- Plug in the case to a charger.
- Now, keep the connected iOS device near the case.
You do not need to do anything, as the AirPods software update will automatically initiate.
Fix Interference on Bluetooth
When your iPhone and Bluetooth are connected, any interference can lead to AirPods sound quality issues.
Follow the steps given below to fix Bluetooth interference:
- Play some music on your AirPods and set the volume to zero.
- Open Settings and go to Bluetooth.
- Tap on the ‘I’ button and click on Disconnect.
- Now, disconnect your AirPods with iOS.
- Your music will turn off, play it and set the volume to zero.
- Now, pair your AirPods with your device once again and increase the volume.
Your AirPods will now be loud. Often the causes are much bigger than you know. You can reset your device to default whenever unexpected error occurred that you are unable to troubleshoot.
Reset your AirPods
Resetting AirPods works best to fix any device related issues.
- After keeping AirPods in its case, close its lid.
- After 30 seconds, you can open it.
- Now, go to Settings on your iOS.
- Next to your AirPods, tap on the ‘I’ shaped icon.
- Select the Forget This Device option.
- Now, press and hold the back button on its case until 15 seconds.
- As soon as the indicator light changes color, you can now again pair AirPods with iOS.
However, this will clear all your AirPods Settings and data, thus you have to configure them again.
How to Adjust the Volume on your Apple AirPods Manually?
You can use AirPods on your iOS or Android. The methods vary depending upon the kind of OS your phone has!
Adjust your AirPods Volume on iOS device
If you find your AirPods less loud, the volume will be low. You can fix it through your iPhone or iPad Settings.
Follow the steps given below to adjust your AirPods volume through your iOS:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS.
- Head over to Audio/Visual.
- Go to Headphone Accommodations.
- Toggle on the Headphone Accommodations button.
You can use the volume buttons to adjust the volume. Further, you can select the apps on which you want to apply these volume Settings. Like, you can enable FaceTime Calls or turn on third-party apps so that these changes reflect on particular apps also.
Adjust AirPods Volume from the Android device
If you have connected your AirPods on Android, you might think that adjusting volume is a bit of a hassle, but it is not. While your AirPods are connected to Android, use the volume keys to adjust their volume.
- Head over to Settings.
- Go to Sounds and Vibration.
- Tap on Sound quality and Effects.
- Navigate to Equalizer and set it to high.
Depending on the Android model, you might see a slider to adjust the equalizer and set it to high. You can use voice assistant for automatic task execution if that seems like a lengthy task.
How to Adjust the Volume on your Apple AirPods with Siri Automatically?
The simplest is to use Siri to adjust your Apple AirPods volume. It is a voice assistant on which you have to give a voice command, and it will act for you. But it is essential to enable it before you proceed!
Adjust Apple AirPods Volume on iOS with Siri
Follow the steps below to adjust the volume on your AirPods using Siri:
- Go to your iOS Settings and tap on Siri & Search.
- Toggle on the Always Listen for Hey Siri.
This will enable Hey Siri on your iOS. Further, to enjoy your music better, you should allow the Allow Siri When Locked option. You can thus pause, play, volume up or down buttons, or similar functions without unlocking your iOS repeatedly.
Now, if your iOS does not have a Side Button, press the side button until you see the Siri icon. Moreover, if your iOS has a home button, press it until you see the Siri icon.
In either of the cases, when you tap on the Siri icon, you have to say, “Hey Siri, increase the AirPods volume.”