Do you like check the Weather information frequently? iOS made it possible to add the Weather widget to the home screen of your iPhone. Earlier, it was present only in the Today View. The Weather widget on the lock screen of your iPhone device can give you quick Weather updates. It makes your task straightforward as you no longer need to open the Weather App by unlocking your device.
However, sometimes it fails to provide you with the correct Weather updates. Some users get to see the wrong location, while many others see no data or a black window. Many users started facing issues with the Weather widget after updating their iPhone. If your Weather widget also works improperly, you can read along to know the possible and effective fixes for the issue!
In case, Weather Widget is not updating or refreshing Weather information or not at all working or loading anything, we are here to help you! Below we have discussed some reliable methods to help you troubleshoot the issue quickly.
- Check Internet Connectivity
- Rebooting iPhone
- Enable Location Services if it’s already disabled
- Enable Background App Refresh on iPhone
- Choose your preferred location Manually
- Reset Location and Privacy in iOS
- Temporarily Remove the Weather Widget
- Update iOS 16.3 latest version
- Reinstall the Weather App
Check Internet Connectivity
Your iPhone’s Weather Widget cannot provide updated weather information without proper internet connectivity.
Follow the steps given below to check if your device has a proper internet connection:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Choose the Mobile Data option and ensure that it is turned on.
- Scroll down and ensure that the Weather button is toggled on.
- Alternatively, go to Wi-Fi and check if your device is connected to a network.
Now, you can check if the connectivity is good by opening Safari and loading any web page. If the web page loads successfully, your weather widget will also find no difficulty updating itself. You can also try turning off the VPN in case you use it.
You can fix several common bugs or glitches just by restarting your iPhone.
So, to troubleshoot the issues with your Weather Widget, you can follow the steps below!
- Press & Hold the Side button and the Volume up or down button simultaneously until the power slider appears. In the case of older versions, you can press and hold the Wake/Sleep button for the same.
- Drag the slider to the right.
- Wait for your device to turn off completely, and then long press the Side or the Wake/Sleep button until you see the Apple logo to restart it.
Enable Location Services if it’s already disabled
To troubleshoot iOS 15/16 Weather Widget issues, you first need to ensure that location access on your iPhone or iPad is enabled.
To ensure the same, follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Settings and tap on the Privacy & Security.
- Select the Location Services option and make sure that it is toggled on.
- If it was already on, you can toggle it off and back on.
- Scroll down a bit and navigate to the Weather option.
- Select the While Using the App option and then also toggle on the Precise Location button.
Enable Background App Refresh on iPhone
With Background App Refresh, you can help the Weather Widget app retrieve fresh data in the background.
So, all you need to do here is follow the below-given steps:
- Fire up Settings and choose General settings.
- Select the Background App Refresh option and make sure it is turned on.
- Scroll down and see if this feature for the Weather app is toggled on.
If it is already on, you can try disabling it and then turn it back on.
Choose your preferred location Manually
You can also try manually choosing your location for the Weather Widget.
For this, you can follow the steps we have provided below:
- Long-press over the Weather Widget on the home screen.
- Choose the Edit Widget option and then select Location.
- Type and choose your preferred location. For instance, you can type New York.
However, you can fix it to My Location again after Apple comes up with some incremental updates to resolve the issue.
Reset Location and Privacy in iOS
Some common glitches in the Settings of Location and Privacy may also cause your Weather Widget not to work correctly.
To fix them, you can follow the below-given steps:
- Open Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap on Reset and choose Reset Location & Privacy.
Then you will be asked for your iPhone’s passcode; after this, choose Reset Settings to confirm your action.
Temporarily Remove the Weather Widget
You can remove the Weather Widget from the home screen of your iPhone and then quickly add it back. This can help fix common issues with it. Luckily, you can perform this fix in a minute without losing any data.
Below, we have provided the easy steps for doing so!
- Touch and hold on to the Weather Widget until you see a pop-up menu.
- Select the Remove Widget option from the menu.
- An alert will appear; you must confirm that you prefer to Remove the widget.
- To add the Weather Widget again, touch and hold in a blank space on your device’s home screen.
- Tap on the Plus button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Choose to add the Weather Widget. Then you can edit your device’s home screen and drag it to its original place.
Update iOS 16.3 latest version
Updating your device to the latest iOS version can help you fix any Software-related issues.
The easy steps included are given below.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Wait for few seconds, if update is available then you will see the update version and Download and Install option.
If you are using the beta version of iOS, you can try to get back to the public iOS. If the issue still exists, then you can move on to the next fix.
Reinstall the Weather App
You can uninstall the in-built weather app and then reinstall it to troubleshoot its common issues.
- Press the Weather icon on your iPhone’s App library or home screen.
- Choose Remove App and then Delete App.
- Again, select Delete to confirm.
Alternatively, you can turn on the jiggle mode by long pressing and then choose the minus button and follow the prompts.
- Restart your device in the way we have mentioned above.
- Visit the App Store and choose Search.
- Install the official Weather app by typing its name and tapping the Download icon (cloud-shaped with a downward arrow).
Once you have installed it, you can check if it works fine.
Weather Widget is undoubtedly an important and helpful application that keeps you updated on the weather news. It lets you stay updated on the latest weather forecast by glancing at your Home Screen. Depending on the widget’s size, it might reveal the current weather forecast for the next few days or hours. The Weather Widget not working on your device may disappoint you, but the issue can be fixed quickly. You can follow the steps mentioned above one by one until you reach the solution that resolves your Weather widget. We hope that you find this helpful write-up, and in case of any query regarding the weather widget, you can drop a comment below.